What is my favorite thing about Sundays? The calm.
I find that no matter who you are, or what you’re doing, Sunday’s bring upon a state of ease. Perhaps that whole ‘day of rest’ concept has just been instilled into me. Regardless, I absolutely love the feeling Sunday’s bring. You know what? I think it might be the residual affect of the flowers I bought yesterday!
Tonight I had my all-time favorite dinner of ever! Yes, indeed. I’ve become pretty pro at making this beast!
I call it my
Salmon and Sprout Salad!
One salmon patty or 4 oz of salmon meat, grilled or pan seared
1-2 handfuls of salad greens (I like anything spring mix-y)
~75g white mushrooms, sliced and diced
~50g of zucchini, cut into one inch slices
~100g of brussel sprouts, halved (I have a sprout-related addiction…)
A dollop (1-2 tbsp) hummus
2 tsp of Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
Lemon juice (optional)
Freshly ground black pepper
1. First, on medium heat – lightly sprayed with olive oil spray – pan sear salmon patty or fillet for about four minutes, on each side (or, until cooked)
2. Remove salmon from heat and set aside, while you prepare your vegetables. Preheat your grill and chop vegetables as stated above.
3. Drizzle vegetables lightly with Olive Oil and season with pepper and balsamic vinegar. When grill is ready, apply all vegetables to grill, close and flip once or twice.
4. Place a few handfuls of greens into a bowl, and add the grilled veggies.
5. Top with salmon and a dollop of hummus, sprinkle with some pepper and mow down!
I pretty much make a variation of this salad beast three times a week. I don’t know why, but I absolutely love it. To be frank, I could just go to town on hummus and sprouts. If you put a bowl full of that stuff in front of me, it’d be over.
I naturally had to return to my kitchen, for something extra special sweet!
Every night I want – no – I need to have a sweet treat after dinner. This usually winds up being a mixture of fruit (usually berries or peaches), nuts or nut butter, a few spoonfuls of greek yogurt and a tsp of cacao nibs (which, happen to be the current love of my life).
I honestly don’t think I can live life without these things! Absolutely delish!
Have you ever tried cacao nibs? Did you like them?